When administrators add visualizations in LabKey Server, they are surfaced above the corresponding data grid in the Biologics application. For example, if charts are added to an assay design, then they will be made available above that assay's data grid in the Biologics application. When charts are available, the Charts
button above the data grid will be activated.
Similarly, custom grid views, when added in LabKey Server, are surfaced in the corresponding data grid in LabKey Biologics. When custom grids are available, the Grid Views
button is activated.
All charts, reports, and custom grids are surfaced on the Reports
tab, which shows the same items as the "Data Views
" web part.
Add a Chart
Administrators can add visualizations using the standard mechanisms in LabKey Server.
- To add a chart, first switch to LabKey Server at > Switch to LabKey.
- Navigate to the appropriate table. (For example, if you wish to visualize the results for the Osmolarity assay, navigate to the Osmolarity assay, and then click View Results.)
- To create the chart, click > Create Chart. Create and save the chart.
- Go to the corresponding data grid in LabKey Biologics. (In this example, go the Osmolarity assay, and click the Results tab.)
- Click the Charts button to see your visualization.
For details on creating charts in LabKey Server, see Visualizations
Add a Custom Grid
- To add a custom, first switch to LabKey Server at > Switch to LabKey.
- Navigate to the appropriate table.
- Modify the table as desired and save it as a custom view. For details see Customize Grid Views.
- Go to the corresponding data grid in LabKey Biologics.
- Click the Grid Views button to see the custom grid.