This tutorial provides a guided tour of LabKey Biologics' user interface and search functionality, including:
- how to search the registry for entities of interest
- how to view and interpret detailed views of those entities
- how to navigate to related entities
- how to browse and refine registry grid views
Set Up Trial Server
- This tutorial assumes that you have registered and created a Biologics Trial instance of the server.
- If you have already created a biologics trial server, select it, and login: Your Sites
Biologics User Interface
This section provides a quick tour of LabKey Biologics. Click along as directed to see different aspects of the data and the available tools.
Biologics Home Page
- Navigate to your Biologic home page, which provides a search bar and links to six different data portals.
Registry Home Page
- Click the Registry portal.
- The Registry home page provides links to different Entities in the system: Molecule Sets, Molecules, etc.
- The Molecules page shows a data grid of all of the registered Molecules.
- The M-3 Details page shows properties, components, related entities of this molecule.
- Scroll down to view the related entities.
- Return to the Molecules grid page by hovering over Registry in the main menu bar and click Molecules. (Note that you can also click Molecules in the submenu bar.)
- Click LabKey Biologics to return to the main Home Page.
- Constrain the search to Molecules only:
- Click Advanced
- Open the dropdown menu and select Molecule.
- Scrolling through the results, locate and click M-1 (Project A).
- Scroll to the Molecule Components and click PS-17.
- Click Sequence. The Sequence tab shows sequence annotations (the results of the sequence analysis engine).
- You are taken to a data grid of the registered protein sequences.
- Clicking in the search bar brings up a dropdown of grid options: filter, keyword search (the default), sorting, and selecting grid views by name (when any are defined).
- Enter the following text in the search bar:
- Note that the search returns 3 results.
- Sort by clicking the menu icon in the column header Avg. Mass and selecting Sort ascending.
- Modifications of the grid accumulate in the search bar in lozenge boxes.
- Clear the modifications to return the grid to its original state. To reveal the 'X' for deleting, hover over the lozenge.
The guided tour continues in the following topic: Biologics Tutorial: Add Sequences to the Registry