The file repository serves as a launching point
for importing assay data to the database. In the step below, we will import assay data to use with LabKey's analysis and visualization tools.
Import Data for Visualization
First, import some file you want to visualize. You can pick a file of interest to you, or follow this walkthrough using the sample file provided. When you "import" a file into LabKey Server, you add its contents to the database
. This makes the data available to a wide variety of analysis/integration tools and dashboard environments inside LabKey Server. In the steps below we will import some data of interest and visualize it using an assay analysis dashboard.
- Return to the main page of the File Repository folder.
- In the Files web part, open the folders LabKeyDemoData > Assays > Generic.
- Select the file GenericAssay_Run1.xls.
- Click Import Data.
- Select Create New General Assay Design.
- Click Import.
- Enter a Name, for example, "Preliminary Lab Data".
- Select "Current Folder (File Repository)" as the Location.
- Notice the import preview area below. Let's assume the inferred columns are correct and accept all defaults.
- Click Begin Import, then Next to accept the default batch properties, then Save and Finish.
- When the import completes, you see the "list" of runs, consisting of the one file we just imported.
- Click View Results to see the detailed view of the assay data.
- For a more detailed treatment of assay data, see the following topics:
Congratulations, you've finished the File Repository tutorial and learned to manage files on your server.