LabKey Server helps you model instrument data in a manageable and meaningful way. Organize large quantities of complex data, analyze integrated datasets, and prepare experiment data for integration with related clinical, demographic, and sample information.
LabKey captures experimental data using the assay framework. An assay design tells LabKey Server how to interpret your instrument data and the context around it. All common tabular formats are supported, as well as a wide variety of instrument-specific formats.
The experimental/assay framework also provides the following general features:
- Handling large amounts of data, generated repeatedly and over time.
- Tracking both data and metadata.
- Cleaning, validation, transformation of assay/experimental data.
- Integration with other types of related data, such as clinical data.
- Publishing and sharing selected data in a secure way with collaborators.
Which Assay File Types Does LabKey Server Support?
LabKey Server supports all common tabular file types: Excel formats (XLS, XLSX), Comma Separated Values (CSV), Tab Separated Values (TSV). LabKey Server also recognizes many instrument-specific data files and metadata files, such as FlowJo FCS files, ELISpot formatted XLS files, and many more. In general, if your instrument provides tabular data, then the data can be imported using a GPAT assay type
. You maybe also be able to take advantage of other specific assay types, which are designed to make the most of your data. See the list of specific types below.Contact LabKey
if you have problems importing your data or have specific questions about which file types are supported.
Which Assay Instruments Does LabKey Server Support?
Many instruments and protocols, including NAb, ELISpot, ELISA, Luminex, etc, are supported with assay types built in to LabKey Server. See the full list below
. These types provide commonly used structures and metadata fields, and many support special built-in dashboards and reports.
When your data format doesn’t match our built in types, you can tailor a general purpose assay to bring any tabular data into the LabKey data picture. A flexible "General Purpose Assay Type" (GPAT) can be used to import any tabular data for analysis, visualization, and integration with other data.
Both general and instrument-specific assay types are highly-flexible and configurable by the user, so you can extend the reach of any available type to fit your needs.
Introduction to Assay Tools
Instrument Data Types
LabKey assay tools simplify complex laboratory workflows and incorporate custom analytics and quality control and trending tools for specific instrument types. Supported types include:
- ELISA - Imports raw data from BioTek Microplate readers.
- ELISpot - Imports raw data files from CTL, Zeiss, and AID instruments.
- Expression Matrix - Import a GEO series matrix-like TSV file of probe/sample values.
- Flow Cytometry - Import flow cytometry probe/sample values from FlowJo or FCS Express.
- Fluorospot - Similar to ELISpot, but the detection mechanism uses fluorophores instead of enzymes.
- HPLC - High-Performance Liquid Chromatography assay.
- Luminex - Imports data in the multi-sheet BioPlex Excel file format.
- NAb (Neutralizing Antibody) Assays - Imports results from high- or low-throughput neutralizing antibody assays.
- Proteomics - Import mass spectrometry data files, including MzXML, and protein expression experiments.