A query snapshot captures a data query at a moment in time. The data in the snapshot will remain fixed and not update from the original source data, until it is refreshed.
You can refresh the resulting dataset manually or set up a refresh schedule, electing an interval of 30 seconds to 2 hours. If you choose automatic refresh, the system will listen for changes to the original data, and will update the snapshot within the interval of time you selected.
Note that snapshotting data in this fashion is only available for:
- study datasets
- assays that have been copied into a study
- user-defined SQL queries (Note that queries exposed by linked schemas are not available for snapshotting.)
Create a Query Snapshot
- Go to the query, grid, or dataset you wish to snapshot.
- Select (Charts/Reports) > Create Query Snapshot.
- Name the snapshot.
- Specify Manual or Automatic Refresh. For automatic refresh, specify the frequency from these options:
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- Click Create Snapshot.
Once a query snapshot has been created it is available in the data browser
and at (Admin) > Manage Study > Manage Datasets
Edit a Query Snapshot
A query snapshot can be edited starting from the grid view.
- Select (Grid Views) > Edit Snapshot.
- In addition to the name and refresh options specified when you created the snapshot, you can edit the query source.
- Click Update Snapshot after editing query source.
- Click Save when finished making changes.
- Click Done to exit the edit interface.
Notice the Edit Snapshot
interface also provides the Delete Snapshot