- Sample Manager is ready for preview. Designed in collaboration with laboratory researchers, LabKey Sample Manager is built to help researchers track and link together samples, sample lineage, associated experimental data, and workflows. Request a demo.
- New Field Designer - The field designer has been improved, including:
- Drag-and-drop reordering of fields.
- A streamlined user interface that highlights the most important field properties.
- New tooltips provide improved guidance for administrators.
- Responsive implementation using ReactJS.
- Currently the new designer applies to Assay Designs, Sample Sets, and Data Classes; it will be expanded to other table types in the 20.1 release. (docs)
- Trigger Script Support - Run trigger scripts when importing Sample Sets. (docs)
- Improved Import Options - Choose to append or merge when importing new sample rows. (docs)
- Change in Sample Deletion - Samples can no longer be deleted from sample sets if they are used as inputs to derivation runs or assay runs. (docs)
- Secure ODBC Connections - Support for ODBC connections over TLS (transport layer security). Originally available in version 19.2.4. (docs)
- MATLAB - Analyze LabKey Server data using MATLAB over an ODBC connection. Originally available in 19.2.1. (docs)
- JDBC Driver Supports Folder Filters - Use the containerFilter parameter to scope queries. (docs)
- Shiny Reports in RStudio - In RStudio and RStudio Pro, create Shiny reports on data stored in LabKey Server. (docs)
- Lineage Improvements - The Lineage tab provides graphical and grid views on lineage relationships, as well as sample details. (docs)
- Reports tab - The Reports tab displays custom grids and charts added by administrators. (docs)
- Multiple Authentication Configurations - Configure multiple authentication configurations for each available protocol, allowing, for example, authenticating against multiple LDAP/Active Directory servers or multiple SAML identity providers.. (docs)
- Auto-enabling Metrics - Metrics are shown when relevant data is detected; these metrics are hidden when relevant data is not detected. (docs)
- Skyline List Support - Lists defined in Skyline are imported and available in Panorama folders. (docs)
- Isotopologue Metrics - Plot isotopologue metrics including LOD and LOQ when data is available from Skyline. (docs)
- Total Ion Chromatogram Metric - In QC folders, track the total ion chromatogram area as a metric, scoped to the entire run. (docs)
- Skyline Audit Log - Import the Skyline audit log into Panorama. (docs)
Luminex Assay Design
- Cross-plate Titrations - On data import, titrations that span multiple data files are recognized and can be used for analysis. (docs)
Survey / Electronic Data Capture
- Auto-save Customizations - The auto-save interval for surveys can be customized. Auto-save can be entirely disabled if desired. (docs)
- File Watchers for Script-Based Pipelines - Enable a script pipeline to be run automatically when files are detected. Originally available in 19.2.5. (docs)
- Append Data to Datasets - File watchers can replace or append data in target datasets. (docs)
- Allow/Disallow Domain Updates - Control whether List column sets are redefined when importing new data files. (docs)
- New Banner Option - Add a custom banner between the menu bar and other page content. (docs)
- Page Layout Options - Custom headers, banners, and footers can be applied site-wide or on a per-project basis using an updated interface. (docs)
- Admin Console Updates The LabKey version you are running is prominently displayed at the top of the admin console. (docs). The "Admin Console Links" tab has been renamed to "Settings". (docs)
- Vocabulary Domains API - Define and store ad-hoc properties for experiments and analyses. Ad-hoc properties can be queried and surfaced in custom grid views. (docs)
- Assay Refactoring - Assays are no longer dependent on the study module.
- ReactJS Demonstration Module - Example module for getting started using ReactJS with LabKey Server. Shows how to render a React application within the LabKey framework including keeping the standard LabKey header and header menus. (demo module and docs)
- Supported Technologies - The following new versions of core technologies are supported and tested on LabKey Server 19.3:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- PostgreSQL 12
- Java 13 - Build and run on Oracle OpenJDK 13.x. LabKey Server 19.3 continues to build and run on Oracle OpenJDK 12.x., however, Oracle has ended all public support for this version. For details see Supported Technologies.
Potential Backwards Compatibility Issues
- LDAP Authentication Moving to Premium Module - In the upcoming 20.1 release, LDAP authentication will be removed from the Community Edition and become a premium feature, available in all premium editions. Premium clients will not experience any change in functionality or interruption in service. Community Edition users should plan to migrate LDAP users to the built-in database authentication. (docs)
- Authentication Reporting - A new column on the Site User table shows administrators which users have passwords in the database authentication provider. (docs)
- Permissions for Creating Sample Sets - Administrator permissions are required for creating, updating, and deleting Sample Sets. (docs)
- LDAP, CAS, and SAML Authentication Not Available During Upgrade - During the upgrade process to version 19.3, only database authentication is available to administrators; LDAP, CAS, and SAML authentication will not work until the upgrade process is complete.
- Recommended Authentication Test - We encourage all clients to review and test their authentication configurations after the upgrade to 19.3, particularly if your system uses LDAP or SSO (Single Sign On) authentication.
- Upgrade all LabKey Dependencies - We strongly recommend that, as part of your LabKey Server upgrade, you also upgrade all major LabKey dependencies to their latest point releases, these include: Java, Tomcat, and your database server. For details see Supported Technologies.
- LabKey User Conference 2019 - Presentations and slide decks from the conference are now available. (docs)
symbol indicates a feature available in a Premium Edition of LabKey Server