Additional custom study properties can be added to the definition of a study at the project level, allowing you to store and use information about multiple studies in a given project beyond the built in study properties. Additional properties are exported and imported as part of study archives.
Note that while study properties appear to be set at the study folder level, they are actually set at the project level. Only a project administrator can add or delete custom study properties, and changes made will impact every study folder within the project.
To define additional custom properties:
- Open the Manage tab.
- Click Edit Additional Properties.
- Click Add Field and specify the Name and Data Type for each field required.
- To use a Label other than the field name itself, open the editor panel using the and enter the label text.
- Reorder custom fields by dragging and dropping them using block "handle" on the left.
- Delete unneeded fields by expanding the panel and clicking Remove Field.
- Click Save when finished.
For example, you might add additional administrative properties like these:
Once added you will be able to set values for them via the Change Study Properties
link from the Manage
tab. Custom properties appear at the end of the list after the built in study properties