- Vectors are typically plasmids that can inject genetic material into cells. Must have a specific nucleotide sequence.
- Constructs are Vectors which have been modified to include the genetic material intended for injection into the cell.
- Cell Lines are types of cells that can be grown in the lab.
- Expression Systems are cell lines that have been injected with a construct.
The biologics registry can capture Vectors, Constructs, Cell Lines, Expression Systems, and their relationships. To add these entities to the registry, use the entry forms at:
- Registry > Vectors > Insert New
- Registry > Constructs > Insert New
- Registry > Cell Lines > Insert New
- Registry > Expression Systems > Insert New
The default fields for each entity type are shown below. Note that the default fields can be changed by administrators to fit your laboratory workflows, requirements, and terminology. For details see Biologics Admin: Grids, Detail Views, and Entry Forms
|Entity Type||Default Fields|
Cell Line Parents
Host Cell Line
Expression System Parents