Welcome to LabKey Biologics
This topic helps you get started understanding how LabKey Biologics works and how it can work for you. It is intended to be used alongside a Biologics Trial
. You should have another browser window open on the home page of your instance.
Navigation and Getting Started
Your new Biologics Trial
includes the Biologics application populated with sample data. To launch the application and explore the sample, click Explore Sample Project
on your biologics trial.
The home page for Biologics includes a search box and tiles for different aspects of the data.
For more details about each of these options, see Navigate the Registry
You can also watch the Biologics videos here: LabKey Biologics - Videos
Biologics Trial Tutorials
Highlights to explore in your biologics trial server:
Basics about LabKey Server
The LabKey Biologics application runs in a project on LabKey Server. While a user of Biologics may never need to interact with the underlying server, a better understanding can help you understand how your own data can be incorporated. While inside the application, you can leave it and switch to the LabKey UI using the Switch to LabKey
option from the user menu:
The project and folder hierarchy is like a directory tree and forms the basic organizing structure inside LabKey Server. Everything you create or configure in LabKey Server, including the Biologics Application and sample data is located in some folder. Projects are the top level folders, with all the same behavior, plus some additional configuration options; they typically represent a separate team or research effort.
The "Biologics Example" project home page gives you information about the contents. If you wanted to customize the various components of the sample data, you would do so here.
Return to the Biologics Application using the Biologics Navigation
Create Your Own Biologics Project
When you are ready to create your own biologics project and populate it with your own data, follow these steps:
- Return to the LabKey UI if you are in the application, by selecting Switch to LabKey from the user icon menu.
- Click the LabKey logo in the upper left to return to the home project.
- Click Create Project.
- Enter a unique project name, and select Biologics as the folder type.
- Click Next.
- Accept the defaults by clicking Next, then Finish.
- You are now in a new biologics application that is not prepopulated with any data.
- Select Switch to LabKey from the user icon menu.
- Populate the necessary data classes by clicking the name (such as "CellLine"), then using the (Insert Data) menu option.
More Biologics Documentation