Keywords imported from FlowJo can be used to link samples and provide metadata. This topic describes how you can edit the values assigned to those keywords and also add additional keywords within LabKey to store additional information.
Edit FCS Keyword Input Values
You can edit keyword input values either individually or in bulk.
- To edit existing FCS keywords, go to the FCS Files table and select one or more records. When selecting multiple records, any changes made will be applied to all the selected records.
- Enter the new input values in the blank text boxes provided.
- The FCS files to be changed are listed next to Selected Files.
- Existing values are not shown in the input form. Instead, a blank form is shown, even for keywords that have non-blank values.
- Click Update to submit the new values.
- If multiple FCS files are selected, the changes will be applied to them all.
- If an input value is left blank, no change will be made to the existing value(s).
Add Keywords and Set Values
- To add a new keyword, click Create a New Keyword
- Enter the name of the keyword and a value. Both keyword and value are required.
Note that if you want to add a new keyword for all rows, but set different values, you would perform two rounds of edits. First select all rows to add the new keyword, providing a default/common value if applicable. That value will be assigned to all rows. Then select the subsets of rows with each other value and set a new value.
Display Keyword Values
New keywords are not always automatically shown in the data grid. To add the new keyword to the grid:
- Select (Grid Views) > Customize Grid.
- In the Available Fields panel, open the node Keywords and select the new keyword.
- Click View Grid or Save to add it.