A list is a flexible, user-defined table. To manage all the lists in a given container, an administrator can select (Admin) > Manage Lists
, or click Manage Lists
in the Lists
An example list management page from an HIV study:
- (Grid Views): Customize how this grid of lists is displayed and create custom grid views.
- (Charts/Reports): Add a chart or report about the set of lists.
- (Delete): Select one or more lists using the checkboxes to activate deletion. Both the data and the list design are removed permanently from your server.
- (Export): Export to Excel, text, or script.
- Create New List
- Import List Archive
- Export List Archive: Select one or more lists using the checkboxes and export as an archive.
- (Print): Print the grid of lists.
Manage a Specific List
For each list shown in the Lists
web part, you can:
- Design: Click to view or edit the design, i.e. the set of fields and properties that define the list, including allowable actions and indexing. Learn more in this topic: Edit a List Design.
- View History: See a record of all list events and design changes.
- Click the Name of the list to see all contents of the list shown as a grid. Options offered for each list include:
- (Grid Views): Create custom grid views of this list.
- (Charts/Reports): Create charts or reports of the data in this list.
- (Insert data): Single row or bulk insert into the list.
- (Delete): Select one or more rows to delete.
- (Export): Export the list to Excel, text, or script.
- Click Design to see and edit the set of fields and properties that define the list.
- Click Delete All Rows to empty the data from the list without actually deleting the list structure itself.
- (Print): Print the list data.