Query reports let you package a database query as a report. This can enable sharing the report with a different audience or presenting the query as of a specific data cut date. A user needs the "Author" role or higher to create a query report. The report also requires that the target query already exists
Create a Query Report
- Select (Admin) > Manage Views.
- Select Add Report > Query Report.
- Complete the form, providing:
- Name (Required): The report name.
- Author: Select from all project users listed in the dropdown.
- Status: Choose one of "None, Draft, Final, Locked, Unlocked".
- Data Cut Date: Specify a date if desired.
- Category: If you are creating a report in a study, you can select an existing category.
- Description: Optional text description.
- Shared: Check the box if you want to share this report with other users.
- Schema (Required): The schema containing the desired query. This choice will populate the Query dropdown.
- Query (Required): Select a query from those in the selected schema. This will populate teh View dropdown.
- View: If there are multiple views defined on the selected query, you'll be able to choose one here.
- Click Save when finished.
Your report is now available for display in a web part or wiki, or sharing with others. In a study, your report will appear in the Data Views
web part under the selected category (or as "Uncategorized".)
You can customize the thumbnail and mini-icon displayed with your Query Report. Learn more here