- Vectors are typically plasmids that can inject genetic material into cells. Must have a specific nucleotide sequence.
- Constructs are Vectors which have been modified to include the genetic material intended for injection into the cell.
- Cell Lines are types of cells that can be grown in the lab.
- Expression Systems are cell lines that have been injected with a construct.
The Biologics registry can capture Vectors, Constructs, Cell Lines, Expression Systems, and their relationships. To add these entities to the registry, use the entry forms available on the create menu for any entity.
For example, when you are viewing the Vectors
page, you can select Create > Vector
, or click Create > Registry
to expand the listing and select another entity type to create.
- Create > Vector
- Create > Registry > Construct
- Create > Registry > Cell Line
- Create > Registry > Expression System
The default fields for each entity type are shown below. Note that the default fields can be changed by administrators to fit your laboratory workflows, requirements, and terminology. For details see Biologics Admin: Grids, Detail Pages, and Entry Forms
|Entity Type||Default Fields|
Cell Line Parents
Host Cell Line
Expression System Parents