You can copy some or all of the lists in a folder to another folder or another server using export and import. Exporting a list archive packages up selected lists into a list archive: a .lists.zip file that conforms to the LabKey list export format. The process is similar to study export/import/reload
. Information on the list serialization format is covered as part of Study Archive Files and Formats
To export lists in a folder to a list archive:
- In the folder that contains lists of interest, select (Admin) > Manage Lists.
- Use the checkboxes to select the lists of interest. Check the box at the top of the column to select all.
- Click Export List Archive.
- All selected lists are exported into a zip archive.
To import a list archive:
- In the folder where you would like to import the list archive, select (Admin) > Manage Lists.
- Select Import List Archive.
- Click Choose File or Browse and select the .zip file that contains your list archive.
- Click Import List Archive.
- You will see the imported lists included on the Available Lists page.
Note: Existing lists will be replaced by lists in the archive with the same name; this could result in data loss and cannot be undone.
Auto-Incrementing Key Considerations
Exporting a list with an auto-increment key may result in different key values on import. If you have lookup lists make sure they use an integer or string key instead of an auto-increment key.