The default dataset grid displays data for all participants. To view data for an individual participant, click on the participantID in the first column of the grid. The Participant Details View
can also be customized to show graphical or other custom views of the data for a single study subject.
Participant Details View
The participant details view lists all of the datasets that contain data for the current participant, as shown in the image below.
- Previous/Next Participant: Page through participants. Note that this option is only provided when you navigate from a dataset listing other participants. Viewing a single participant from the Participants tab does not include these options.
- button: Expand dataset details.
- button: Collapse dataset details
Expand dataset details by clicking the
or name of the dataset of interest. Click Add Chart
to add a visualization to the participant view details. The dropdown will show the charts defined for this dataset
After you select a chart from the dropdown, click the Submit
button that will appear.
Once you create a chart for one participant in a participant view, the same chart is displayed for every participant, with that participant's data.
You can add multiple charts per dataset, or different charts for each dataset. To define new charts to use in participant views, use the plot editor
1. Charts are displayed at a standard size in the default participant details view; custom height and width, if specified in the chart definition, are overridden.
2. Time charts displaying data by participant group can
be included in a participant details view, however the data is filtered to show only data for the individual participant. Disregard the legend showing group names for these trend lines.
Customize Participant Details View
You can alter the HTML used to create the default participant details page and save alternative ways to display the data using the Customize View
link. You can leverage the LabKey APIs
to refresh and see the preview below your script. Click Save and Finish
You can see an example custom participant view in the online example study. Click the tabs to see the datasets in each category; step through to see data for other participants:
Premium Resource Available
Subscribers to premium editions of LabKey Server can use the example code in this topic to create their own variation of the tabbed example linked above:
Learn more about premium editions