This topic covers the quickest and easiest way to set up to run LabKey tutorials using a free trial of LabKey Server
. If you want to run tutorials not supported in the trial environment, or already have access to LabKey Server, see Set Up for Tutorials - Non-Trial.
you can run using a free trial of LabKey Server are marked with this badge.
LabKey Trial Server
To run the LabKey Tutorials
, you need three things:
1. An account on a running LabKey Server instance. It only takes a few minutes to create your own LabKey Trial Server
2. A basic familiarity with navigation, folder creation, and utilities like web parts. Use this topic alongside your new instance:
3. A tutorial workspace project where you are an administrator and can create new folders.
- On the home page of your trial server, click Create.
- Enter the Name "Tutorials".
- If you plan to share this trial server with other users, consider using "Tutorials-Username" so you can each have your own workspace.
- Leave the default folder type selection, "Collaboration," and click Next.
- Leave the default permission selection, "My User Only," and click Next.
- Skip the advanced settings and click Finish.
- (Optional): To enhance this project, you can add some custom content making it easier to use.
Congratulations, you can now begin running tutorials in this workspace on your trial server.