LabKey Biologics: Home Page
The main dashboard on the home page provides quick links into different aspects of the data.
The top header bar is available throughout the application and includes:
- The clickable logo, for returning to this dashboard at any time.
- A main Menu button, giving access to all of your data and activities.
- A set of common resources in the upper right:
On the dashboard, you'll see panels displaying:
- Jobs List: The home for workflow jobs. If any tasks were assigned to you, they would be shown on Your Queue and can be filtered by priority.
- Dashboard Insights: A selectable set of visualizations, defaulting to the Sample Count by Sample Type.
- Recent Assay Data: Quick access to the most recently imported assay runs. Use the selector to narrow to a specific assay.
The main Menu
is available throughout the application and gives you quick access to all aspects of Biologics
Click the menu categories (in blue) for sub-dashboards, such as for the Registry or all Assays. Click individual menu items for that specific category.
The home pages for entities provide links to other entity home pages, here viewing "Molecules". Click a different entity type to switch your view. Use the and
icons to scroll in narrower browsers.
Detail pages for some kinds of entities, such as protein and nucleotide sequences, include multiple tabs, such as Lineage and Sequence, shown here.
The Registry dashboard shows all of the unique entities that have been added, such as Molecules, Expression Systems, Cell Lines, etc. Click a tile or select a category from the main menu to learn more or register new entities:
Click See Entity Relationships
to see the various entities and relationships recognized by the registry. Learn more in this topic: Biologics: Terminology
Each entity in the registry has a details page which includes basic properties of the entity, and a list of related entities.
The Sample Types dashboard shows a grid of sample types defined in the system.
If you switch the Grid
to the Heatmap
view, you'll see a visualization of samples recently added to the registry. Rows represent sample types and columns represent months. Darker panels indicate more samples for that month/sample type combination.
Learn more in the topic: Biologics: Manage Samples
The Assays dashboard shows the assays defined in your system. Similar to the Samples dashboard, a heatmap is also available.
Learn more in the topic: Biologics: Assay Data
The Workflow dashboard shows a Job List
(or heatmap) of active workflow jobs and tasks in the system.
The tabs each show the count of jobs in the different categories:
- Your Queue: Jobs and tasks assigned to you.
- All Active Jobs: Jobs that have not been completed, including but not limited to the ones in your own queue.
- Completed Jobs: Jobs that have been completed.
- All Jobs: All of the above.
- Job Templates: See all the active templates.
Learn more in the topic: Biologics: Workflow
From the Media dashboard, you add and manage ingredients, raw materials, mixtures, and batches.
Learn more in the topic: Registering Ingredients and Raw Materials
Collaborate and record your work in data-connected Electronic Lab Notebooks. Use templates to create many similar notebooks, and manage individual notebooks through a review and signing process.
Learn more in this section:
Learn more about each aspect of the registry in these detailed topics: