Assay designs can pull in Entity information from any of the DataClasses that have been defined. For example, assay data can refer to related Molecules, Sequences, Components, etc, in order to provide context for the assay results. This topic describes how an administrator can integrate Assay data with other Biologics Entities in the Registry and provide integrated grids to the users.
Connect Assays with Other Entities
To add Entity fields to an assay design, add a field of type Lookup
that points to the desired Entity/DataClass. For example, the screenshot below shows how to link to Molecules.
Create Integrated Grid Views
Once the assay design includes a lookup to an Entity type (such a Molecule), you can add other related fields to the assay design using Customize Grid
. This must be done using the LabKey Server interface outside the Biologics application.
- Select > LabKey Server > [Biologics Project Name].
- Select (Admin) > Manage Assays.
- Click the name of your assay, then click View Results.
- Select > Customize Grid.
- Use checkboxes to add fields, expanding nodes as needed. For example, the following screen shot shows how to add the Components field (which is a field of the Molecule Entity).
- Save as the default view or a named grid view that is Shared with all users.
- Select > LabKey Biologics > [Biologics Project Name] > Assays.
To see what Biologics assay users will see:
- Click the name of your assay, then the Results tab.
- The lookup fields and grid customizations will appear in the assay results grids, as show below. If you saved as a named grid instead of the default, you will be able to select that name from the Grid Views menu. When there is data for the Molecule column, any corresponding Components from the Molecule details will be shown.