This topic provides a guided tour of LabKey Biologics' user interface and search functionality, including:
Set Up Trial Server
- To follow this topic as a tutorial and see the same entries, you can register and create a Biologics Trial instance.
- If you have already created a biologics trial server, select it, and login: Your Sites
- On your site, click Explore.
You can also follow these steps on your own server, though search results and browsing will differ.
Main Dashboard and Menus
This section provides a quick tour of LabKey Biologics. Click along as directed to see different aspects of the data and the available tools.
Biologics Home Page
- Navigate to your Biologics home page.
- The top header bar is available throughout the application and includes:
- The clickable logo, for returning to this dashboard at any time.
- A main Menu button, giving access to all of your data and activities.
- A set of additional menus in the upper right:
On the dashboard, you'll also see panels displaying:
- Dashboard Insights: A selectable set of visualizations, defaulting to the Sample Count by Status.
- Jobs List: The home for workflow jobs. If any tasks were assigned to you, they would be shown on Your Queue and can be filtered by priority.
- Freezer List: At a glance storage details and access to your virtual freezers.
In the main header Menu
, click Registry
The Registry section is where you will find all the different Entities in the system: Molecule Sets, Molecules, etc.
The Molecules page shows a data grid of all of the registered Molecules.
- The M-3 Details page shows properties, components, related entities of this molecule.
- Scroll down to view the related entities.
- Return to the Molecules grid page by clicking Molecules in the submenu bar. You can also use the main menu.
Learn more about search in this topic:
The following browsing path will help you explore some linkages in our trial sample data.
- In the header search panel, enter:
- While there are only a few results, explore filtering them:
- Click Advanced
- Open the dropdown menu and select Molecule.
- Click Search.
- Click the M-1 search result.
- Scroll to the Molecule Components and click PS-17.
- If you click anywhere in the bar, the section will expand. Click the actual name link "PS-17" to switch to that entity's details.
- Click Sequence. The Sequence tab shows sequence annotations (the results of the sequence analysis engine).
- You are taken to a data grid of the registered protein sequences.
- Clicking in the "Select..." omnibox above any grid brings up a dropdown of options: filter, keyword search, sorting, and selecting grid views by name (when any are defined).
- If you type directly into the box, you will search. Enter the following text in the search bar:
- The search returns a few results.
- Sort by clicking the menu icon in the column header Avg. Mass and selecting Sort ascending.
- Modifications of the grid accumulate in the search bar in lozenge boxes.
- Clear the modifications to return the grid to its original state. To reveal the 'X' for deleting, hover over the lozenge.
The guided tour continues in the following topic: Biologics Tutorial: Add Sequences to the Registry