ELISpot Assays support import of raw data files from Zeiss, CTL, and AID instruments, storing the data in sortable/filterable data grids.
The default ELISpot assay type includes some essential properties and fields beyond the defaults included in standard assay designs
. You can also add additional properties when you create a new assay design. This topic describes the properties in the default ELISpot assay design and how they are used.
Assay properties are set by an administrator at the time of assay design and apply to all batches and runs uploaded using that design. The default ELISpot assay includes the standard assay properties
, except for Editable Results
and Import in Background
. In addition, ELISpot assays use:
- Plate Template
- Choose an existing template from the drop-down list.
- Edit an existing template or create a new one via the "Configure Templates" button. For further details, see Customize Plate Templates.
- Detection Method: Choose the method used for detection. Options:
Batch fields receive one value during import of a given batch of runs and apply to all runs in the batch. The default ELISpot assay does not add additional fields to the standard assay type
. Data importers will be prompted to enter:
The user is prompted to enter values for run fields which apply to the data in a single file, or run. Run-level fields are stored on a per-well basis, but used for record-keeping and not for calculations.
Included by default:
- AssayID: The unique name of the run - if not provided, the filename will be used.
- SubtractBackground: Whether to subtract background values, if a background well group is defined. See Background Subtraction for more information.
- PlateReader (Required): Select the correct plate reader from the dropdown list. This list is populated with values from the ElispotPlateReader list.
- Run Data (Required): Browse or Choose the file containing data for this run.
For each of the sample/specimen well groups in the chosen plate template, enter the following values in the grid:
- SpecimenID: Enter the specimenID for each group here. These values are often barcoded on labels attached to the plates.
- SampleDescription: A sample description for each specimen group. If you click the checkbox, all groups will share the same description.
The user will be prompted to enter these values for each of the antigen well groups in their chosen plate template, or they will be read from the data file or calculated. Use the Same
checkbox to apply the same value to all rows when entering antigen IDs, names, and cells per well.
- AntigenID: The integer ID of the antigen.
- CellsWell: Cells per well
The analyte fields are by default uploaded as part of the data file.