Administrators can control which fields are shown in grids and detail views throughout LabKey Biologics. This includes views for Entities, Sample Types, Assays, and Issues/Workflow items. Admins can controls displays in the following ways:
- adding and removing fields
- re-labeling field headers
- changing field order
- sorting one or more columns
- filtering one or more columns
Changing the default
grid view will change how the grid appears in the Biologics application.
Adding additional named grids
lets a user select them from a dropdown in the application.
Adding a grid view named BIOLOGICSDETAILS
controls an entity's details page.
- To control grid views, switch to the LabKey Server interface by selecting > LabKey Server > [Your Biologics Project Name].
- Find the grid view you wish to change and click it. For example, to change the grid view for Protein Sequences, click ProtSequence under DataClasses.
On the ProtSequence
DataClass select (Grid Views) > Customize Grid
To add a field, select it on the Available Fields
panel. Expand nodes with the
icons. For example, below the Sequence > Mass
field is being added.
To remove a field, click that field's X
in the Selected Fields
panel. For example, below the Avg. Mass
field is being removed.
To change a display label for a field, click that field's (cog)
in the Selected Fields
panel. For example, below the label for the Organisms
field is being changed to Species
To change field order, drag-and-drop the fields in the Selected Fields
When the changes have been made as desired, click Save
in the lower right.
Save the grid as the Default grid view for this page
if you want it to show to users by default. You can also save it as a named grid
if you want to let the user select it by name.
Once the changes have been saved, they will be reflected in the Biologics application. Return to the application using the
To control the fields on a details page, follow the same process as described above, except save the view using the name "BIOLOGICSDETAILS", capitalized and one word.
Once saved, the corresponding details view will reflect the changed UI.
Custom Grid Views
When administrators create custom grid views, these can be exposed to non-admin users in the Biologics user interface.
For details on creating custom grid views see Customize Grid Views
. If you wish to expose a grid view to users, ensure that "Make this grid available to all users" is checked when saving the view.
When custom grid views are available to a user, they will be on the Grid Views
menu to the right of the download button on summary grids. If no grid views are defined for that grid (other than the 'default', which is always defined), the menu will be shown in a grayed-out state.
Clicking Grid Views
shows all of the views available to the current user, including the default view.
You can also select a grid view via the View
option in the omnibox above the grid itself.
To modify an entity's entry form, modify the fields for that entity. For example, to add a field "NIH Registry Number" to the Cell Line entity:
- Select > LabKey Server > [Your Biologics Project Name]
- In the Data Classes list, click CellLine.
- In the Data Class Properties panel, click Edit.
- Click the Fields section to open it.
- If there are already fields defined, you will see them. Otherwise, click Manually Define Fields.
- Click Add Field, and specify the field's Name and Data Type.
- Use the icon to expand the field and enter a Label if you don't want to use the name as the field label.
- Click Save.
- The field will appear in the entry form for Cell Lines when you Create a new one.
Follow similar procedures to delete or modify entry form fields for other entities.