The RStudio module lets you design and save reports using RStudio, instead of LabKey Server's built in R report designer.
There are two options for using RStudio with LabKey.
- A single-user RStudio server running locally.
- Follow the instructions in this topic to configure and launch RStudio: Connect to RStudio
- RStudio Workbench (previously RStudio Server Pro):
- If you have an RStudio Workbench license, you can run multiple sessions per user, and multiple versions of R.
- First, the RStudio Workbench server must be set up and configured correctly, as described in this topic: Set Up RStudio Pro/Workbench
- Then, integrate RStudio Workbench with LabKey following this topic: Connect to RStudio Pro/Workbench
Once either RStudio or RStudio Workbench is configured and enabled using one of the above methods, you can use it to edit R reports. You can also directly export data into a named variable. Learn more in these topics:
With further configuration, you can access the LabKey schema through RStudio or RStudio Workbench. Learn more here: