User and Administrator Training
LabKey's user and administrator training course, LabKey Fundamentals
, is included with Premium Editions of LabKey Server
. It provides an introduction to the following topics:
- LabKey Server Basics: Explains the basic anatomy/architecture of the server and its moving parts. It outlines the basic structures of folders and data containers, and the modules that process requests and craft responses. Best practices for configuring folders is included. The role of Administrators is also described.
- Security: Describes LabKey Server's role-based security model--and how to use it to protect your data resources. General folder-level security is described, as well as special security topics, such as dataset-level security and Protected Health Information (PHI) features. Practical security information is provided, such as how to set up user accounts, assigning groups and roles, best practices, and testing security configurations using impersonation.
- Collaboration: Explains how to use the Wiki, Issues, and Messages modules. Branding and controlling the look-and-feel of your server are also covered.
- Data Storage: Files and Database: Explains the two basic ways that LabKey Server can hold data: (1) as files and (2) as records in a database. Topics include: full-text search, converting tabular data files into database tables, special features of the LabKey database (such as 'lookups'), the role of SQL queries, adding other databases as external data sources.
- Instrument Data: Explains how LabKey Server models and captures instrument-derived data, including how to create a new assay "design" from scratch, or how to use a prepared assay design. Special assay topics are covered, such as transform scripts, creating new assay design templates ("types") from simple configuration files, and how to replace the default assay user interface.
- Clinical/Research Study Data Management: Explains how to integrate heterogeneous data, such as instrument, clinical, and demographic data, especially in the context of longitudinal/cohort studies.
- Samples: Explains how to manage sample data and link it to assay and clinical data.
LabKey's developer training is included in the Professional and Enterprise Editions
of LabKey Server. It is tailored to your project's specific needs and can cover:
- Server-to-server integrations
- Client APIs
- Assay transform scripts
- Remote pipeline processing servers
- Custom LabKey-based pipelines
- Module development assistance
Premium Resources Available
Subscribers to premium editions of LabKey Server can get a head start with video and slide deck training resources available in this topic:
Learn more about premium editions