This topic describes how to import samples to LabKey Biologics from a data file. If you prefer to generate samples by hand using a wizard, learn how in this topic: Generate Samples
Before you can import samples of a given Sample Type, it must have been created outside the biologics application
on the header menu, then click the name of the Sample Type
you want to import data to. Your Sample Type defines the structure of the expected data spreadsheet
Select Manage Samples > Import Samples
On the Import Samples from File
- Choose the Sample Type from the dropdown.
- You can click the Template button to download a template showing the expected structure of your data.
- Check the box if you want to Update data for existing samples during import. Learn more in the LabKey Server topic: Import Samples.
- Drag and drop your data file into the target area.
- The maximum file size allowed is 5MB.
- Supported formats include: .csv, .tsv, .txt, .xls, and .xlsx.
- You can also click the area and select a file directly.
The first few rows of your file will be shown so that you can preview the sample data to be imported. Click Import
to import the new samples.