This topic describes how to import samples to LabKey Biologics from a data file. If you prefer to generate samples by hand using a wizard, learn how in this topic: Biologics: Generate Samples
The sample import process is very similar to the import process used in Sample Manager. For details see the Sample Manager docs: Create or Import Samples
Before you can import samples of a given Sample Type, it must have been created either inside or outside the biologics application
on the header menu, then click the name of the Sample Type
you want to import data to. Your Sample Type defines the structure of the expected data spreadsheet
Select Manage Samples > Import Samples
- On the tab Import Samples from File:
- Choose the Sample Type from the dropdown.
- You can click the Template button to download a template showing the expected structure of your data.
- Check the box if you want to Update data for existing samples during import. Learn more in the LabKey Server topic: Import Samples.
- Drag and drop your data file into the target area.
- The maximum file size allowed is 5MB.
- Supported formats include: .csv, .tsv, .txt, .xls, and .xlsx.
- You can also click the area and select a file directly.
The first few rows of your file will be shown so that you can preview the sample data to be imported. Click Import
to import the new samples.
- On the tab Create Samples from Grid:
- To enter samples directly into a grid: specify the number of samples to enter and click Add Sample. Then enter the data in the grid below.
- To enter samples in bulk, especially if you are entering aliquots or a set of samples that are largely identical: Click Bulk Insert and enter information in the popup dialog.