This step explains how to put into place the tabs and web parts that form the user interface for the ELN.
First, create a new folder as a workspace.
- Navigate to a project on your server where you have permission to create a new folder. The image below shows the project named "My Project".
- Create a new subfolder. Hover over your chosen project's folder menu and click the "New Subfolder" button, as illustrated in the animation below.
- On the Create Folder page:
- Name the folder "ELN",
- Select the Assay folder type.
- Click Next.
- On the Users/Permissions page:
- Retain the default selection Inherit From Parent Folder
- Click Finish.
Add three tabs to the folder to reflect the basic workflow: the lab begins with Vials, which are run through different Experiments, which finally provide Assay Results.
- Enter (Admin) > Page Admin Mode.
- Add the following tabs:
- To add a tab:
- Click the mini tab in the upper right.
- Enter the name and click OK.
- Using the menu, rename the tab "Assay Dashboard" to "Assay Results" and move it to the far right by selecting Move > Right twice.
- You should now have three tabs in this order: Vials, Experiments, Assay Results.
Finally add web parts to the tabs. These web parts allow users to manage the inventory, samples, and assay data.
- If necessary, enter (Admin) > Page Admin Mode.
- Click the Vials tab.
- On the Vials tab, click the dropdown labeled <Select Web Part> on the left and select Sample Sets.
- Click Add.
- Click the Experiments tab.
- On the Experiments tab, click the dropdown labeled <Select Web Part> on the left and select Files.
- Click Add.
You will see the new Files
repository web part.
Now you have a basic user interface for the ELN: each tab represents a different part of the lab workflow in left to right order: vials --> experiments --> assay data.
- Click Exit Admin Mode to hide tab editing and web part addition options.