This step explains how to put into place the tabs and web parts that form the user interface for the ELN.
- Log in to your server and navigate to your "Tutorials" project. Create it if necessary.
- If you don't already have a server to work on where you can create projects, start here.
- If you don't know how to create projects and folders, review this topic.
- Create a new subfolder named "ELN". Choose the folder type "Assay."
We will set up three tabs to reflect the basic workflow: the lab begins with Vials, which are run through different Experiments, which finally provide Assay Results.
- You should now have three tabs in this order: Vials, Experiments, Assay Results.
Finally add web parts to the tabs. These web parts allow users to manage the inventory, samples, and assay data.
Now you have a basic user interface for the ELN: each tab represents a different part of the lab workflow in left to right order: vials --> experiments --> assay data.
In the next topic we add data to our notebook.