This step creates a link, a "lookup" in LabKey terminology, between the Immune Scores assay data and the Plasma sample set, providing easy navigation between the two. The lookup links the SpecimenId column in the assay results with the Name column in the Plasma sample set, as illustrated below:
To create the lookup, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Assay Results tab.
- Click the Immune Scores assay name to open the design.
- Click Manage Assay Design and select Edit assay design.
- Scroll down to the SpecimenID field:
- In the SpecimenID row, click the dropdown Type (String).
- In the Choose Field Type pop-up menu, select Lookup.
- On the Schema dropdown, select samples.
- On the Table dropdown, select Plasma (String).
- Click Apply.
- To save changes to the assay design, click Save and Close.
- The lookup creates a link between the SpecimenId field and the Plasma sample set, creating a link between assay result data and the particular vial that produced the results.
- To test these links:
- Open the data grid by clicking immune-score.xlsx (the Assay ID is the filename by default).
- Click a value in the SpecimenId field. Notice that the links take you to a detailed dashboard describing the original sample vial.