As part of installing required components
, you need to install a database. To install PostgreSQL on Linux or a Mac:
- See Supported Technologies page for list of supported versions of PostgreSQL
- From http://www.postgresql.org/download/ download the PostgreSQL binary packages or source code. Follow the instructions in the downloaded package to install PostgreSQL.
- Please read the notes below to forestall any difficulties with the PostgreSQL installation.
- If you uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL, you may need to manually delete the data directory in order to reinstall.
- Don't forget to set the password for your database user, typically 'postgres'. (You can do this by opening Psql with something like ALTER USER "postgres" WITH PASSWORD 'new_password';) It should match whatever is in your config.properties file in the LabKey server directory.
- See: Notes on Installing PostgreSQL on All Platforms
- After installation, you may find it helpful to tune PostgreSQL for performance.