Features included in LabKey Server version 13.3:
- ETL modules - Automate and streamline the assembly of data repositories from multiple sources with Extract-Transform-Load modules. ( video | docs )
- Cloud Storage Integration - Manage large data files in the cloud using S3 Cloud Storage. ( docs )
Assays and 'Omics
- (Luminex) Improved quality control with single point controls in Levey-Jennings plots. ( docs )
- (NAb) New graphing layout options. ( docs )
- (MS2) Spectra library export - Export Bibliospec libraries of the spectra data associated with peptide identifications. ( docs )
- (MS2) Comet peptide search - Support for the open source Comet peptide identification search engine. ( docs )
- GEOMicroarray - Support for importing microarray data, as downloaded from GEO. ( docs )
- Flow - FlowJo 9.7.2 support
- Improved Study Designer - Improved flexibility when populating values in dropdowns and creating cohorts.
Specimen Repository Management
- Introductory Video and Tutorial - Watch the video for an overview; read the tutorial for more details. ( video | docs )
- Custom Aliquots - Manage non-vial specimen types such as tissue blocks. ( docs )
- Request System Improvements - Limit which types of sites can request specimens. Customize QC flagging, comments, and groupings to easily display the sets of specimens your team needs most. ( docs )
- Export specimen settings - Export more metadata about the specimen repository and request system settings. ( docs )
- Improved Views Management - Improved user interface for views and queries management. ( docs )
- Data Views Browser - The Data Views web part is available for displaying queries, reports, and views outside of a study-type folder. ( docs )
- Editable Tabs - Add, rename, move, and delete tabs for better custom project design. ( docs )
- Faceted Filters - Improved selection and filtering behavior: faceted filters respect prior filters. ( docs )
- Improved New User Tutorials - Explore more features and get up to speed faster with updated introductory tutorials: ( docs )
- Report Permissions - New guidelines matrix for setting permissions levels on individual reports and views. ( docs )
Server Administration and Operations
- Tomcat 7 - Support for Tomcat 7. ( docs )
- PostgreSQL 9.3 - Support for PostgreSQL 9.3. ( docs )
- Audit log - Improved performance of audit log querying.
- Full-text search - Improved performance of full-text searches.
- Encrypted property store - Support for encrypted property sets. ( docs )
Installation and Upgrade
- Distribution file changes - The file structure for distribution downloads has changed in version 13.3. ( docs )
- Upgrade processing time - Note that the upgrade process for 13.3 may take longer than usual, due to audit log provisioning.
- Full-text search reindexing - The full-text search index will be regenerated after upgrading to 13.3, which can result in higher than usual indexer activity.
- GROUP_CONCAT installation - New instructions for installing/upgrading group_concat functions for SQL Server installations. ( docs )
- Proteomics Enlistment - For developers who build LabKey Server from source, the mass spectrometry binaries are now provided as a separate enlistment. ( docs )
- Module build process - For module developers, there are new options available in the module build process. ( docs )
- Addition to R labkey package: importRows() - Provides improved performance over insertRows() for large imports. ( docs )
- New URL encoding options. ( docs )
- New SQL functions - Added functions: folderName(), folderPath(), javaConstant(), moduleProperty(), and userName(). ( docs )