You're now seeing the new LabKey Server UI! Scheduled for release November 2017. Learn more
- Bar and Pie Charts - Two new built-in visualization types are now available: Bar Charts and Pie Charts. (video)
- Chart Designer: A new chart designer is available for a wide range of built-in visualization types, featuring drag-and-drop column selection and a more intuitive layout of configuration options. (docs) (video)
- Improved Data Views: A new setting lets you control the display height for the Data Views web part. (docs)
- Binning for Large Data Sets: Data point binning improves the readability of scatter plots over large data sets. (docs)
- (Premium Editions) Additional Column Summary Statistics: New statistics options have been added, including standard deviation and standard error. (docs) (video)
- R Studio Integration: Design R reports in RStudio using data selected in LabKey Server. Contact LabKey for set up and support options.
- New SQL Methods: The SQL methods GREATEST and LEAST are now supported for PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL. (docs)
- ETL Engine Improvements
- Improved PostgreSQL Scalability: A limitation has been removed that imposed a limit of 100 columns on PostgreSQL tables that are targets of an ETL process.
- Alternate Key: Use an alternate key, instead of the target table's primary key, when merging data with an ETL process. (docs)
- Set Range: Developers can use ranges to aid development of ETL scripts. (docs)
- Transformation Improvements: ETL transformation using a Java class is now supported. (docs) ETL processes may now output constant values into a target column. (docs)
- Improved Duo Configuration: A new option lets you indicate how LabKey Server user accounts are matched to Duo accounts, either by user id, user name, or email address. (docs)
- Date and DateTime Data Types: Date and DateTime data types are more intuitive to use. Admins can set default formats for each type at various scopes in the server. (docs)
- Apply a Template to Multiple Folders: When importing a folder archive, you have the option to select a subset of objects to import, and can also choose to apply that template to multiple folders simultaneously. (docs) (video)
Study Data Management
- New UI for Assay Schedule: The process for scheduling assays has been simplified. (docs)
- New UI for Vaccine Study Products and Treatments: Simplify study registration and making immunization products consistent and manageable across multiple studies. (docs and docs)
- Study Performance Improvements: The underlying database schema for studies has been redesigned, providing greater performance and using less storage space in the database.
NLP and Document Abstraction
- Natural Language Processing: Use the LabKey NLP engine or integrate another to extract data from free text documents and reports. (docs)
- Document Abstraction Workflow: Improved document abstraction workflow, including options for manual abstraction, automatic abstraction, and document review. (docs)
- Disease-based Document Assignment: Specialize abstraction workflow and assignments based on the disease group represented in the document. (docs)
- Document Abstraction UI: More intuitive interface streamlines the process of abstracting information from documents. (docs)
Assays / Instrument Data
- Signal Data Module: Capture data and metadata for HPLC experiments. (docs)
- Sample Sets: Samples in different containers can be resolved in a single sample set. (docs) (video)
- (Luminex) Retain Exclusions when Reimporting Runs: If you have excluded wells, analytes, or titrations, you can opt to continue excluding them on reimport. (docs) (video)
- (Luminex) Ignore Bead Numbers on Analytes: Bead numbers are no longer included as part of the analyte name. (docs)
- (Panorama) Performance Improvements: The internal queries used by Panorama have been optimized to improve page load times.
- Improved Study Export/Import: The dataset_metadata.xml file in a study archive now provides: (1) an <index> tag to indicate index fields, (2) a <sharedConfig> tag to indicate columns that should be added to all the datasets, and (3) on import of a study archive, the <scale> tag (which holds column size information) is applied to existing columns in the target study. (docs)
- API Session Key: Run client API code in the context of a user account without storing your credentials on the client machine. (docs)
- New supported versions:
- PostgreSQL 9.6 (docs)
- SQL Server 2016 (docs)
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.x: version 8.5.9 and later only (docs)
Potential Backwards Compatibility Issues
- Support for PostgreSQL 9.1 has been removed.
Upgrade to 16.3
- Upgrading the Issues Module. If the server is restarted prematurely during upgrade, the issues tracker migration code will not be re-run automatically (because it is implemented as a deferred upgrade script). To run the upgrade code manually go to this URL: ./labkey/issues/home/upgradeIssues.view It will trigger the same upgrade code that the automatic upgrade should have run. For more details see Support Ticket #27963.
- LabKey User Conference 2016 Resources: (docs)