These instructions explain how to install a Remote Pipeline Server using the graphical installer for Windows.
A Remote Pipeline Server works in co-ordination with an existing LabKey Server installation, especially to execute long-running, data-intensive pipeline jobs assigned to it by the LabKey Server machine. You cannot install LabKey Server and a Remote Pipeline Server on the same machine: install the Remote Pipeline Server on a physically different machine than the one running LabKey Server. LabKey Server (i.e., the web server and database server) is not
included in the Remote Pipeline Server installation.
Steps to Install: Remote Pipeline Server
- Download and run the Windows installer: free download after registration.
- On the Installation Type page, select Remote Pipeline Server.
- Accept the license agreement.
- To use the wizard-based installation, select Config Wizard.
- Specify the JMS Server to communicate with the Remote Pipeline Server:
- Specify the pipeline file locations.
- LabKey Server webserver path to data files
- Pipeline Remote Server path to data files
- Specify how to mount the network file share, either automatically or externally.
- If you choose automatically, you'll also be prompted to specify information for mapping a network drive where LabKey Server can access files on a remote server:
- Drive Letter
- Network Drive Path (the UNC path to the remote server)
- DOMAIN\username and password for accessing that share. User name and password can be left blank if they are not required by the file share.
- Accept the MSFileReader agreement. MSFileReader is a 3rd party tool that converts binary mass spectrometry files to the mzXML format.
- Specify the directory location for the Remote Pipeline Server installation.