To learn about workflow processes, we will set up both a workspace on your LabKey Server and the Activiti Workflow Engine
we will use to visualize and edit the workflow process definition later.
Set Up a LabKey Workspace
Using a sample workflow application will help illustrate some basic features and options for customization. We use in this case a multiple assay workflow simply named "labWork".
- Obtain and install the workflow module in your optionalModules directory.
- Install the "labWork" module from the sample data package by copying the unzipped folder to your optionalModules directory.
- Rebuild your server, start it, and sign in as an administrator.
- Create a new project named "Workflow Tutorial."
- Choose folder type "Collaboration" and click Next.
- On the Users/Permissions page, choose "My User Only", and click Next.
- Check "Use Default" on the project settings page and click Finish.
- Enable the workflow and labWork modules in your new project:
- Select Admin > Folder > Management and click the Folder Type tab.
- Check the boxes for both "LabWork" and "Workflow" in the column on the right.
- Click Update Folder.
Set Up Activiti Workflow Engine
Download and install the latest stable release of the Activiti engine
. You must already have a working Java runtime environment, Apache Tomcat installation, and the JAVA_HOME variable must be set. These will all be in place already when you are running a local LabKey Server.