Using Sample Manager with a Premium Edition of LabKey Server opens a number of additional customization options that are not available in the standalone application. By switching to the LabKey Server interface you can combine traditional LabKey customizations with the Sample Manager features.
Switch to the LabKey Server interface using the product selection menu
. Choose the project or folder where you are using Sample Manager.
Customize Sample Grids
grid view for a Sample Type is what will be shown in Sample Manager. If you want to change the way one of those grids appear, you can customize it as follows.
- In LabKey Server, click the name of the Sample Type you want to customize.
- In the Sample Type Contents panel, select (Grid Views) > Customize Grid.
- Add, remove, and rearrange the columns as you want them to be shown. Learn more in this topic: Customize Grid Views
- Click Save and select both Default grid view for this page AND Make this grid view available to all users in order for the revised grid to be shown in Sample Manager.
- Click Save.
- Return to the Sample Manager interface and you will now see your revised grid.
Add Status Column to Picklists
Any picklists created before the Sample Status feature
was added will not show statuses for samples. To add a column for this information, edit the grid for the picklist in LabKey Server.
- In LabKey Server, select (Admin) > Manage Lists.
- Click the name of your picklist to open it.
- Select (Grid Views) > Customize Grid.
- Expand the node for Sample ID and check the box for Status.
- Drag the new Status field to where you want it to be shown in your grid.
- Click Save and save as the Default grid view for this page AND Make this grid view available to all users in order for the revised grid to be shown in Sample Manager.
- Repeat for any picklists you want to include status.
- Return to the Sample Manager interface and you will now see a status column in your picklists.