This topic is under construction for the July 2020 release of LabKey Server.
- Sample Sources (Available in 20.4) - Track both physical and biological sources of your samples. (docs)
- Sample Timeline (Available in 20.5) - Review all events related to a specific sample in a convenient graphical timeline. (docs)
- Search Enhancements - Filter and refine search results by type, user, date, and more. (docs)
Sample Types and Data Classes
- The term "Sample Set" has been changed to "Sample Type" to better represent all samples that share common properties. There are no functionality changes implied by this name change. (docs)
- Consolidation of UI pages for creating sample types (docs)
- Data classes are now indexed for searching (docs)
- Sample parents can be updated individually or deleted using merge during import (docs)
- Sample timeline added to audit logging (docs)
- Run Graph Detail Improvements - (todo)
- ODBC for Hosted Servers todo
- Datasets, Issues, and Query Metadata now use the same field editor UI as all other data structures. (docs, docs, and docs)
- Add a Responsive Logo to display when browser is too narrow for ordinary logo. (docs)
- The "Settings" tab is now the default when you open the admin console. (docs)
- Specimen File Watcher (docs)
- A SAML identity provider can be the default authenticator (docs)
- CAS authentication supports the /logout API. (docs)
- Cross-folder query dependency tracing (docs)
- Removal of "Mass Spec Metadata" built in assay type
- Rlabkey version 2.4.0 The update of the Rlabkey client library for R to version 2.4.0 brings several notable changes:
- labkey.experiment.saveBatch includes the batchPropertyList parameter
- labkey.domain.createDesign now has a labkey.domain.createIndices helper and indices parameter
- New methods for managing projects and folders: labkey.security.getContainers, labkey.security.createContainer, labkey.security.deleteContainer, labkey.security.moveContainer
- The Python API now supports defining and using the following. Find documentation and examples on GitHub.
- Conditional formatting for fields (Domain API)
- QC states for study datasets (Query API)
- ODBC for Cloud Deployment of LK (todo)
- STATA Integation - todo
- Load and update modules using the user interface and without server restart. (docs)
- Edit module code directly through the server user interface. todo
- JS API
- new version numbers
- available on Artifactory
- Proxy Servlets (docs)
- Python API Additions - Define and update dataset QC states; set and update conditional formats. (docs)
- Changes to How JDBC Jars are Distributed - The JDBC jars (jtds.jar, postgresql.jar, mysql.jar) are now versioned and distributed inside the module directories like any other third-party jar, making it unnecessary to copy them to the CATALINA_HOME/lib directory during installation and upgrade. When you upgrade to 20.7, delete these JDBC jars files from CATALINA_HOME/lib to avoid conflicts.
- When building from source, the /optionalModules and /externalModules directories are no longer used. Move all contents from these directories into /server/modules. Note that this change only applies to developers building the server from source; for production servers /externalModules can still be used for deploying modules.
- Changes to How Proteomics Binaries are Distributed - The proteomics binaries are now downloaded automatically without further action. This download can be skipped if desired.
symbol indicates a feature available in a Premium Edition of LabKey Server