This tutorial shows you how to create an application for managing requests in a fulfillment system, a system that receives incoming requests for reagent materials. The application you build, has the following features:
- Provides web-based access to users and system managers.
- Allows users to enter, edit, and review their requests (for reagent materials) .
- Allows reagent managers to review requests in a variety of ways to help them optimize their fulfillment system.
The application is implemented using:
- Several Lists - Holds the requests, reagent materials, and user information.
- Custom SQL queries - Filtered views on the Lists.
- R Reports - Provides visualization of user activity.
See the live version of this application: Reagent Request Application
To complete this tutorial, you will need:
- Admin or Developer permissions on a LabKey Server installation.
- To complete the R step, your LabKey Server instance must be configured to use R.
Ask your server admin for access, or install a local server, following the instructions below:
Note: If you use any LabKey APIs that extend Ext APIs, you must either make your code open source or purchase an Ext license. See Licensing for the ExtJS API for details.