A list is a flexible, user-defined table. To manage all the lists in a given container, an administrator can select (Admin) > Manage Lists
, or click Manage Lists
in the Lists
An example list management page from an HIV study:
- (Grid Views): Customize how this grid of lists is displayed and create custom grid views.
- (Charts/Reports): Add a chart or report about the set of lists.
- (Delete): Select one or more lists using the checkboxes to activate deletion. Both the data and the list design are removed permanently from your server.
- (Export): Export to Excel, text, or script.
- Create New List
- Import List Archive
- Export List Archive: Select one or more lists using the checkboxes and export as an archive.
- (Print): Print the grid of lists.
Manage a Specific List
For each list shown in the Lists
web part, you can:
- Design: Click to view or edit the design, i.e. the set of fields and properties that define the list, including allowable actions and indexing. Learn more in this topic: Edit a List Design.
- View History: See a record of all list events and design changes.
- Click the Name of the list to see all contents of the list shown as a grid. Options offered for each list include:
- (Grid Views): Create custom grid views of this list.
- (Charts/Reports): Create charts or reports of the data in this list.
- (Insert data): Single row or bulk insert into the list.
- (Delete): Select one or more rows to delete.
- (Export): Export the list to Excel, text, or script.
- Click Design to see and edit the set of fields and properties that define the list.
- Click Delete All Rows to empty the data from the list without actually deleting the list structure itself.
- (Print): Print the list data.
From the > Manage Lists
page, click View History
for any list to see a summary of audit events for that particular list. You'll see both:
- List Events: Change to the content of the list.
- List Design Changes: Changes to the structure of the list.
For changes to data, you will see a Comment "An existing list record was modified". If you hover, then click the (details)
link for that row, you will see the details of what was modified.
Premium Resource Available
Subscribers to premium editions of LabKey Server can how to add an additional index to a list in this topics:
Learn more about premium editions