Now that we have created some Samples
and learned how to describe and import assay data
, it's time to add some other users so we can understand how the workflow management tools work in Sample Manager. To do this, we will add a few fake users and assign them different roles. You must have administrator permissions yourself to complete the tasks in this step.
- To add one or more new users, select Administration from the user menu.
- You'll start on the User Management page, i.e. the Users tab.
- Click Create.
In the popup:
- Enter one or more email addresses, each on it's own line for each user you want to create.
- For this tutorial, create users for
- Select the desired Role for the users you are creating. For the tutorial, select Reader for now.
- Uncheck the box to Send notification emails to all new users since these are not real email addresses.
You will see the new users added to the grid. In the green banner message, you can click view
to filter the grid to only the newly added users.
Once users have been defined, an administrator can assign them one of the three available permission levels:
- Readers: Have a read-only view of the application.
- Editors: Have the Readers' access, and can also add new information or edit data related to samples, assays, and jobs.
- Administrators: Have full control over the application. This includes user management, permission assignments, and creating and editing sample types, assays, and job templates.
- Reopen user management if you closed it by selecting Administration from the user menu. Click the Permissions section.
- All our fake users are currently in the Reader role.
- Click the for the Editors role to open it.
- Click the Add member dropdown and select "team_lead".
- Selected users will be shown in the panel for the role as you go.
- Click Add member again and select "lab_technician".
- Each time you select a user, the details for that user will be shown on the right.
- In the image below, the Editor role is being granted to the team lead and lab technician; all three fake users we added are still also members of the Reader role.
View Audit History
This is a good time to mention that all actions in Sample Manager are logged for later use in an audit. The audit logs can be viewed from any tab within the Administration
dashboard, and from many other places in the application. Select > View Audit History
. The log opens to the section most relevant to where you were when you opened it.
Learn more in this topic: Audit History