Administrators can view the audit history from numerous places within the application, including from any tab within the Administration
View Audit History
Select > View Audit History
The audit log provides access to numerous audits of system activity, and will open on the log most relevant to where you were in the application when you opened it. This image shows Roles and Assignment Events
, the default for the Permissions
Use the selection menu near the top of the page to see a full listing of other logs available to administrators, including:
- Attachment Events
- Assay Events: Run import, deletion, and reimport. Note that for reimport, two assay events are created: one for the 'old' run being replaced and one for the 'new' run representing the new import.
- Domain Events: Tracks changes to columns in definitions (domains) of sample types, sources, and assays.
- Domain Property Events: Changes to the properties of a column in a domain.
- Data Update Events: When a row is updated, the log will show the details of what changed in that row.
- Freezer Management Events: See View Storage Activity.
- List Events
- Roles and Assignment Events
- Sample Type Events: Creation and modification of Sample Types.
- Sample Timeline Events: Records events for all samples.
- Individual sample timelines show all events for each sample.
- Detailed events for merge updates to sample data will show only the fields that were updated.
- Sample registration, update, storage changes, and check in/out actions are all logged.
- Sample Workflow Events: Job and task completion are recorded.
- Sources Events: Including creation of Source Types and registration of Sources.
- User events: Creation of users; logging in and out.
Note that during folder import, data categories will be imported in "chunks" in a certain order. So, for example, all inventory data will be in one chunk and all job/task data in another chunk. Using folder import to load data into Sample Manager may result in sample timelines that do not represent actual usage for individual samples.