LabKey Sample Manager
makes it easy to manage samples, storage, data collection, and workflows in a small or medium size lab environment. Learn more about the features and capabilities of Sample Manager on our website
This topic details changes and enhancements in each release as a guide to help users track changes.
Release 21.3, coming soon (March 2021)
- New Tube Rack freezer storage unit has been added
- Creation of derivative samples (aliquots) in bulk
Release 21.2, February 2021
- The field editor now includes checkboxes to enable deletion of multiple fields and export of subsets of fields.
- Background Import:
- Removal of previous size limits on data import
- Progress reporting for asynchronous imports
- In-app Notifications when background imports complete.
Release 21.1, January 2021
- Freezer Management
- Match your digital storage to your physical storage
- Store and locate samples with ease
- Monitor usage and capacity in graphical dashboards
- Track volume, freeze/thaw counts, and comments during check in/out events
Release 20.12, December 2020
- Detailed audit logging now shows only what has changed when data is updated.
Release 20.11, November 2020
Release 20.10, October 2020
Release 20.9, September 2020
- A new tutorial is available to help you get started with a new/empty instance of sample manager. Try it here: Tutorial: Learn Sample Manager
- Label colors are shown in the samples section of the main dashboard.
- In anticipation of future support for Freezer Management, underlying functionality like the ability to access storage locations from the main menu have been added.
Release 20.8, August 2020
- Sample Types can have custom Label Color assignments to help users differentiate them. (docs)
- In anticipation of future support for Freezer Management, underlying functionality like the ability to see the storage location of a sample has been added. These facilities are not yet visible in the application interface.
Release 20.7, July 2020
- Improved search experience. Filter and refine search results. (docs)
Release 20.6, June 2020
- Bug fixes and small improvements
Release 20.5, May 2020
- Use Sample Timelines to track all events involving a given sample.
- Detailed audit logging has been improved for samples, under the new heading "Sample Timeline Events."
- Sample Types can be created by inferring fields from a file, or by defining fields manually. Source types offer the same convenience.
- Editing of sample parents is now available.
- The definition of Sample Types can now include "Source Alias" columns, similar to parent aliases already available.
Release 20.4, April 2020
- The creation interface for Sample Types has been merged to a single page showing both properties and fields. This makes it easier to create naming expressions that use fields in your Sample Type.
- Define Sources for your samples. The source of a sample could be an individual or a cell line or a lab. Tracking metadata about the source of samples, both biological and physical, can unlock new insights.
Release 20.3, March 2020
- Samples can be added to a workflow job during job creation. You no longer need to start a job after selecting samples of interest, but can add or update the samples directly within the job editing interface.
- Removing unnecessary fields is easier with an icon shown in the collapsed field view.