|This topic is under construction for the 17.3 release of LabKey Server. For current documentation of this feature, click here.
Which users have logged on to LabKey Server? What data have they seen, and what operations have they performed?
To get answers to these questions, look at the audit log, a list of user activity that is automatically generated by LabKey Server.
View the Audit Log
- Select (Admin) > Site > Admin Console.
- If you do not have Project Admin (or higher) permissions, you will see the message "User does not have permission to perform this operation". (You could either ask your Site Admin for improved permissions, or move to the next step in the tutorial.)
- Choose Admin Console Links.
- In the Management section, click Audit Log.
- Click the dropdown and select Project and Folder Events. You will see a list like the following:
- Click the dropdown again to view other kinds of activity, for example:
- User Events (which shows who has logged in and when)
- Group Events (which shows which groups have been assigned which security roles).