LabKey supports copying all of the wiki documentation from one project or folder to another. This can be useful when setting up a new similar project or in a case when you test out a new documentation package before 'deploying' to a public location. You must have administrative privileges on the source folder to copy wikis.
Copy All Wiki Pages
To copy all pages in a folder, follow these steps:
- Create the destination folder, if it does not already exist.
- In the source folder, create a Wiki TOC web part (it may be named "Pages" by default), if one does not already exist.
- Select Copy from the triangle pulldown menu on the Wiki TOC web part.
- Select the destination folder from the tree. Note that the source folder itself is selected by default, so be sure to click a new folder if you want to avoid creating duplicates of all pages in the source folder itself.
- Check the box provided if you want to Copy Histories Also. Otherwise, all past edit history will only remain with the source wiki.
If a page with the same name already exists in the destination wiki, the page will be given a new name in the destination folder (e.g., page becomes page1).
Copy a Single Page
To copy a single page, make a new empty wiki page in the new location and copy the contents of the page you want to copy. Choosing the same page syntax will make this process easier. Be sure to re-upload any images or other attachments to the new page and be sure to check links after the copy.