- External Reporting and Analytic Tools - Use Tableau Desktop, Microsoft Excel, and other analytic tools with data stored in LabKey Server using an ODBC connection. Supported clients also include Access and SQL Server Reporting Services. (docs)
- QC Trend Report Workflow Improvements - Create quality control trend reports based on custom views. Graph standard deviation and percent of mean. Manage guide sets directly from the plot page. (docs)
- Premium Resource: Example Code for QC Reporting - Example code for three methods for QC Trend Reporting. (docs)
- R Engine Configuration Options - Configure multiple R engines to handle different tasks in the same folder. For example, configure one R engine to handle reports and another to handle transform scripts and pipeline jobs. (docs)
- Antivirus scanning for cloud-based file repositories - Apply virus checking to files in cloud locations. (docs)
- QC Analyst Role - Allow non-administrators to set QC states on rows in a dataset, but not manage QC configurations. (docs)
- See User and Group Details Role - Allow non-administrators to see email addresses and contact information of other users as well as information about security groups. (docs)
- Enforce CSRF Checking - All POST requests must include a CSRF token. This is no longer a configurable option. (docs)
Electronic Data Collection (Survey)
- Date and Time Selectors - Survey questions support a graphical date picker and a pulldown menu for selecting the time. (docs)
- Custom Charts and Grids - Display charts and custom grids within Biologics. (docs)
- File Attachments - Attach files to experiments. (docs)
- Bulk Upload Ingredients and Raw Materials - Import ingredients and materials in bulk using Excel, TSV, and other tabular file formats. (docs)
- Support for 'Unknown' Ingredients - Include "unknowns" in bulk registration of mixtures and batches. (docs)
- Improved Batch Creation - Add an ingredient off recipe during the creation of a batch. (docs)
- Assay Data for Samples - When a sample has multiple associated assays, the results are displayed on different tabs on the sample's details page. (docs)
- Multiple File Upload Per Run - When importing an assay run, select multiple files for upload. Supported for GPAT and Luminex assays. (docs)
- Improved 'Copy-to-Study' Behavior - Skip the manual verification step when copying large amounts of assay data to a study. (docs)
- Improved Replicate Views - The replicate view of a Skyline document now highlights the annotations present in that single file, as well as showing more information about the samples being used.
- QC Folder Optimizations - Page load times for QC folders with substantial amounts of data have been improved.
- Import Optimizations - The time required to import a Skyline document has been reduced, by 50% or more in many cases.
- Customizable Sub-table Names - Use a module property to specify how the tables populated by abstractors are named. Instead of "SpecimenA", use "1" as the default record key. (docs)
- Sample Set Updates - The sample set creation and import pages have been streamlined and standardized. Performance has been improved when importing large sample sets, as well as for query and update operations. (docs).
- Move Files Using File Watcher - Automatically move files to different locations on the server using a file watcher. (docs)
- Configure Allowable External Redirects - Create a whitelist of allowable redirects to external sites. (docs)
- Filtered Lookups - Filter the set of values displayed in a lookup dropdown when inserting or updating data. (docs)
- ETLs Included in Folder Archives - ETL definitions are added to .folder.zip archives on export and they are added to containers on import. (docs)
- Configure IntelliJ for XML File Editing - New documentation explains how to configure IntelliJ for code completion when editing XML files. (docs)
- Pipeline Job Serialization - Pipeline serialization is now performed using Jackson. Opting out to continue using XStream is no longer supported. (docs)
- Upgrade to Java 12 - We strongly recommend upgrading your server installations to Oracle OpenJDK 12 as soon as possible. 19.1.x installations will continue to run on Java 11, but site administrators will see a warning banner. Oracle has ended public support for Java 11; as a result, LabKey will completely remove support for Java 11 in the 19.2.0 release. For details see Supported Technologies.
- Remove Support for Java 8 - Oracle ended public support for Java 8 in January 2019; as a result, LabKey Server no longer supports Java 8. For details, see Supported Technologies.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) - We have enabled a Web Application Firewall for all cloud and trial customers to improve protection against web attacks.
Potential Backwards Compatibility Issues
- Remote API Date Format Change - The date format in JSON responses has been changed to include milliseconds: "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS". In previous releases the following format was used: "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss".
- Deprecated Chart API Removed - Instead of the LABKEY.Chart API, use the LABKEY.vis API. (docs)
- Active Sample Sets - The "active" sample set feature has been removed.
- Unique Suffixes for Sample Sets - This feature has been removed.
- Legacy MS2 Views - Options in the Grouping and Comparison views previously marked as "legacy" have been removed.
- User and Group Details Access Change - Access to contact information fields in the core.Users and core.SiteUsers queries, the core.Groups query, and the getGroupPerms API now require the Administrator or "See User and Group Details" role.
- External Redirects Change - External redirects are now restricted to the host names configured using the new Configure Allowable External Redirects administration feature. The 18.3.x experimental feature that unconditionally allowed external redirects has been removed.
- POST Method Required for Many APIs - Many LabKey APIs and actions have been migrated to require the POST method, which has security benefits over GET. The LabKey client APIs have been adjusted to call these server APIs using POST, but code that invokes LabKey actions directly using HTTP may need to switch to POST.
- End of Support for IE 11 - Support for IE 11 will end in the upcoming LabKey Server 19.2.0 release, scheduled for July 2019. Please contact us for workaround options if this change strongly impacts you. (docs)
- Removal of MS1 and Microarray modules - Due to lack of usage, these modules will be removed from the upcoming LabKey Server 19.2.0 release. Please contact us if this change strongly impacts you.
New resources available to users of premium editions of LabKey Server include:
symbol indicates a feature available in a Premium Edition of LabKey Server