This topic is under construction for the 19.1 release of LabKey Server.
- Updated Sample Import - The sample set import page has been standardized and streamlined. Selecting columns to generate sample ids is no longer available. Use name expressions in generate sample ids. Selecting a parent field is no longer available. Use field names to indicate parent columns. For details see Parent Samples: Derivation and Lineage.
- Enforce CSRF checking on all POST requests - This is no longer a configurable option. (docs)
- Antivirus scanning for cloud-based file repositories
- QC Trend Report Workflow Improvements - (docs)
- Premium Docs: Example Code for Embedding Spotfire Visualizations: (docs)
- Premium Resource: Three Methods for QC Trend Reporting - TBD
- PERL API updates
- ETL definitions included in folder export/import: (docs)
- Docs: Java Module Tutorial
- Docs: Configuring IntelliJ for XML File Editing
- LabKey SQL: If you use a HAVING clause without a GROUP BY, all selected rows are treated as a single group for aggregation. (docs)
- Remote ETL: modifiedSinceFilterStrategy - Use this filter strategy to only update rows that have changed on the source. (docs)
- Include "unknowns" in bulk registration of Mixtures and Batches. Also available in 18.3. (docs)
- Tabbed Assay Results. When a sample has multiple associated assays, the assay results are displayed on different tabs on the sample's details page. (docs)
- Add Ingredient - Add an ingredient during the creation of a batch. (docs)
- Bulk Upload Ingredients and Raw Materials. Also available in 18.3. (docs)
- Attach files to Experiments. Also available in 18.3. (docs)
- Display charts and custom grids within Biologics. (docs)
- Support for Java 12 - We recommend upgrading your server installations to Java 12 as soon as possible. Oracle ended public support for Java 11 in March 2019, and, as a result, LabKey will remove support for Java 11 in the 19.2 release. For details see Supported Technologies.
- Remove support for Java 8 - Oracle ended public support for Java 8 in January 2019, and, as a result, LabKey Server no longer supports Java 8. For details, see Supported Technologies.
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) - We have enabled a Web Application Firewall for all cloud and trial customers to improve protection against web attacks.
- xstream removal
- Support for Milliseconds - Date and time formats can now include milliseconds. (docs)
- Multiple file upload for GPAT
Potential Backwards Compatibility Issues
- Remote API Date Format Change - The date format for JSON responses has been changed to "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS". In past releases it used a different format ("yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss").
- Active Sample Sets - This feature has been removed.
- Unique Suffixes for Sample Sets - This feature has been removed.
- Legacy MS2 Views - The Grouping views (Peptides, Protein, ProteinProphet) and Comparison views (Peptide and ProteinProphet) have been removed.
New resources available to users of premium editions of LabKey Server include:
symbol indicates a feature available in a Premium Edition of LabKey Server. Learn more here