The topic explains how to export and import assay designs using a pre-prepared assay design file, or XAR file. Assay design import/export is not available for plate-based assays that use templates (such as NAb and ELISpot), but it is available for Generic-type assays and Luminex assays. Import/export does not support transform scripts, but does support validation properties (regular expressions and range checks on fields).
Export Assay Design Archive
From the batch, run, or results grid of any supported assay, select Manage Assay Design > Export assay design
to export the design as a XAR file. The .xar file will be downloaded directly.
Import Assay Design Archive (.xar)
- Upload the XAR file to the Files web part to your assay project.
- In the Files web part, select the XAR file and click Import Data.
- In the popup dialog select Import Experiment and click Import.
- Refresh your Assay List web part.
- The new assay will appear in list of available designs. If it does not appear immediately, it is still being uploaded, so wait a moment and refresh your browser window again.
You can now import individual run data files to the assay design.
An example XAR file is included in the LabKeyDemoFiles at LabKeyDemoFiles/Assays/Generic/GenericAssayShortcut.xar