A list is a basic structure for storing information. The schema
, or set of columns and types, for a list can be created in several ways:
- Manually create the list schema
- Use the list designer to add fields to the list and define the schema.
- Populating the list with data is done separately.
- Infer the schema from a datafile
- A best guess at columns and types will be made by reading the file; you may refine the inferred schema.
- During the import process, list fields are defined and the list is also populated with data.
- Import a schema exported from an existing list
- Once a list has been defined, whether or not it is populated with data, you can export the set of fields for use in creating another list.
- Populating the new list is done separately.
- Import a List Archive
- Once you have created a set of lists in a folder, you can export them as a list archive for reimport to another folder.
- Both schema and data contents of the lists are included in the archive, so importing an archive also populates the lists.
- Connect Lists walks through the process of creating a set of interconnected lists and exporting to a list archive.
- A list archive is used to set up the List Tutorial.
Once you have created one or more list structures, you can add data to them: