Once you've created a page for a project, folder, or tab, you can add tools called Web Parts
which serve as windows onto the data contained in a particular module. There are two display regions for web parts, each offering a different set of web parts. The narrower right-hand column might contain a table of contents for wider wikis or report web parts available on the left. Some, like Search
can be added in either place. The list of web parts available depends on which modules are enabled.
Add a Web Part
- Navigate to the location where you want the web part.
- Enter page admin mode by selecting (Admin) > Page Admin Mode. If you already see an "Exit Admin Mode" button in the upper right, you are already in this mode.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Choose the web part from the <Select Web Part> drop down box and click Add
- The web part you selected will be added to the bottom of the page. Use the (triangle) menu to move it up the page, or make other customizations.
- Click Exit Admin Mode to see how your page will look to users.
If you want to add a web part that does not appear in the drop down box, choose (Admin) > Folder > Management > Folder Type
to view or change the folder type and set of modules enabled.
Anchor Tags for Web Parts
You can create a URL or link to a specific web part by referencing its "anchor". The anchor is the name of the web part. For example, this page in the File Management Tutorial example has several web parts:
This URL will navigate the user directly to the "Prelim Lab Results" query web part displayed at the bottom of the page. Notice that spaces in names are replaced with "%20" in the URL.