Set Up an Assay Folder
An administrator can set up a folder with the necessary assay web parts for use with instrument data. You can either use the Assay
folder type directly, or add the web parts to another folder type, such as Study
- Assay folder: Creating Assay folder allows you to set up a staging area for assays, separate from other types of data. To integrate with Study data, you would create a different folder for the study.
- Study folder: Creating a Study folder and adding assay web parts places all assay and study data in one place and does not provide a separate staging area for assay data. If you do not care about separating assay data, you can choose this option.
If it is not already present, add the Assay LIst web part
to your folder. This assay list provides a summary of available assays. You can also see this summary by selecting (Admin) > Manage Assays
but the web part makes it more convenient for users.
The Assay List
web part is the starting place for digging deeper into information about assays contained within the folder or related folders. It lists assays defined in any of the following places:
- Current folder
- Current project
- The Shared project, where assays are placed to be shared site wide. Learn more here.
For additional information, see: Design a New Assay
Other Assay Web Parts
Additional assay web parts can be added to a folder to display information for specific assays:
- Assay Batches: Displays a list of batches for a specific assay.
- Assay Runs: Displays a list of runs for a specific assay.
- Assay Results: Displays a list of results for a specific assay.
Copy to Study
You can copy quality-controlled assay results into a study when these results are ready for broader sharing and integration with other data types. The target study can exist in the same folder as your assay list or in a separate one. Assay results are copied into a study as datasets.
If you plan to publish your assay data to a study, create or customize a study-type folder. If you want to avoid creating a separate study folder you may also enable study-features in an existing assay-type folder:
- Select (Admin) > Folder > Management.
- Choose the Folder Type tab.
- Select Study and click Update.
For more details, please see Folder Types