Compliance module logging is designed to answer questions such as:
- Which users have seen a given patient's data? What data was viewed by each user?
- Which patients have been seen by a particular user? What data was viewed for each patient?
- Which roles and PHI levels were declared by each user? Were those declarations appropriate to their job roles & assigned responsibilities?
- Was all data the user accessed consistent with the user's declarations?
What Gets Logged
To open the Audit Log
- Select (Admin) > Site > Admin Console.
- Click the Admin Console Links tab.
- Under Management click Audit Log.
- Select Compliance Activity Events from the dropdown.
Events that are logged by default include:
- The login event.
Other logging behavior must be is customized for each client's regulatory requirements. Possible logging events include:
- The ParticipantIds and columns accessed, including the PHI columns.
- The SQL query used to access data.