Converting your application into a module, has a number of advantages, for example, the application source can be checked into a source control environment, and it can be distributed and deployed as a module.
file shows how to convert two of the application pages (reagentRequest and confirmation) into views within a module. The .module file is a renamed .zip archive. To unzip the file and see the source, rename it to "jstutorial.zip", and unzip it.
To deploy and use the .module file:
- Download jstutorial.module
- Copy jstutorial.module to the LABKEY_HOME/externalModules directory of your LabKey Server installation.
- The module will be automatically deployed to the server.
- Enable the module in some folder.
- Visit the following URL to see the reagent request form, where <path_to_folder> is the path to the folder where you enabled the module, for example, "home/myfolder":