Here we import 10 Luminex runs to have enough data to provide interesting demonstrations of the tools. You could import each individually as we did in the Luminex Level I tutorial, but using a batch import streamlines the process somewhat.
Import Batch of Runs
- Click Assay Dashboard.
- In the Files web part, double click the Luminex/Runs - Assay 200 folder to open it. (You may first need to open the Luminex folder to see it.)
- Check the boxes for all 10 run files (the run files begin with a two digit number and end with an .xls suffix).
- Click Import Data.
- Select the Luminex Assay 200 assay design.
- Click Import.
- For Batch Properties, leave default values as provided.
- Click Next.
- In Run Properties, enter the run number (the first two digits of the file name which is listed in the Run Data field) as the Notebook No.
- Click Next.
- In Define Well Roles, leave default boxes checked. For information about these options, see Review Well Roles.
- In Analyte Properties, edit the Lot Number:
- Check the Same box to give the same lot number to all analytes.
- Enter "Lot 437" for all analytes when importing runs #01-05.
- Enter "Lot 815" for all analytes when importing runs #06-10.
- Because the previously entered value will be retained for each import, you only need to edit when importing the first and 6th runs.
- In Analyte Properties, check the box in the Negative Control column for Blank.
- Then select Blank as the Subtract Negative Bead column for all other analytes. These properties are explained here.
- Click Save And Import Next File. Wait for the page to refresh.
- You will return to the Run Properties page with the next file name in the Run Data field. Note that the previously entered Notebook No value is retained; remember to edit it.
- Continue this loop entering the new Notebook No for each run and changing the Analyte Lot message at the 6th run to "Lot 815".
- Click Save And Finish after the 10th run.
View the Imported Runs and Data
When you are finished importing the batch of 10 runs, you'll see the fully populated runs list. It will look something like this
To see the results for a single run, click one of the links in the Assay ID
column on the runs page. For example, if you click 10-13A12-IgA-Biotin.xls
, you will see the data just for the tenth (latest) run, as shown here
Above the grid are links for View Batches, View Runs
, and View Results
- View Batches: The ten runs we just imported were all in one batch; you might have uploaded other runs or batches as well.
- View Runs: Shows the list of all runs you have imported in all batches. This is the view you saw when import was complete.
- View Results: Shows the assay data, or results, for all imported runs in one grid. The results table for all runs has nearly 5,000 rows, as shown here.