OverviewContributed by Ben Bimber, University of Wisconsin
- Install Perl, if needed.
- Most Unix platforms, including Macintosh OSX, already have a Perl interpreter installed.
- Binaries are available here.
- Install the Query.pm Perl module from CPAN:
- perl -MCPAN -e "install LabKey::Query"
- To upgrade from a prior version of the module:
- perl -MCPAN -e "upgrade"
- NOTE: The module name has changed from Labkey::Query in 1.03 to LabKey::Query in 1.04. You may have to upgrade the module using the command: perl -MCPAN -e "install LABKEY/LabKey-Query-1.04.tar.gz"
- Create a .netrc or _netrc file in the home directory of the user running the Perl script.
- The netrc file provides credentials for the API to use to authenticate to the server, required to read or modify tables in secure folders.