Reports, charts, datasets, and customized data grids are all ways to view data in a folder and can be displayed in a data views web part.
The Manage Views
page is available to study administrators either by selecting (Admin) > Manage Views
or directly from the (triangle)
pulldown menu on a data views web part:
The Manage Views interface is similar to the Data Views
web part, and displays a grid of all the views, queries, and reports available within a folder and allows editing of metadata as well as deletion of multiple reports in one action. The features from the pulldown menu from the data views web part are presented in a row of buttons for adding, managing, and deleting.
- Hover over the name of an item on the list to see a few details, including the type, creator and source.
- By default you will see all queries and reports you can edit. If you want to view only items you created yourself, click the Mine checkbox in the upper right.
- Click on the name to open the item.
- Click a details link to see more metadata details.
- Notice the pencil icons to the right of charts, reports, and named views. Click to edit the metadata for the item, including thumbnail images shown.
- When managing views within a study, you can click an active link in the Access column to customize permissions for the given visualization.
Hover over a row to view the source and type of a visualization, with a customizable thumbnail image
Clicking the icon in the Details
column for a report or chart opens the Report Details
page with the full list of current metadata. The details icon for a query or named view will open the view itself.
There are two modification dates associated with each report, allowing you to differentiate between report property and content changes:
- Modified: the date the report was last modified.
- Name, description, author, category, thumbnail image, etc.
- Content Modified: the date the content of the report was modified.
- Underlying script, attachment, link, chart settings, etc.
The details of what constitutes content modification are report specific:
- Attachment Report:
- Report type (local vs. server) changed
- Server file path updated
- New file attached
- Box Plot, Scatter Plot, Time Chart:
- Report configuration change (measure selection, grouping, display, etc.)
- Link Report:
- Flow Reports including PositivitFlowReport and ControlsQCReport:
- Change to any of the filter values
The following report types do not change the ContentModified date after creation: Crosstab View, DataReport, External Report, Query Report, Chart Reports (Enrollment Report, Chart View).
Edit View Metadata
Click the pencil icon next to any row to edit metadata to provide additional information about when, how, and why the view or report was created. You can also customize how the item is displayed in the data views panel.
To edit metadata for a visualization:
- Click the pencil icon to open a popup window. The Properties tab allows you to:
- Modify the Name and Description fields.
- Select Author, Status, and Category from pulldown lists of valid values. For more about categories, see Manage Categories.
- Choose a Data Cut Date from the calendar.
- Check whether to share this report with all users and whether to make it visible or hidden.
- Click Save. You could also delete the visualization by clicking Delete View which is confirmed before the view is actually deleted.
tab is where you modify thumbnails and mini-icons
used for the report.
View Thumbnails and Mini-icons
When a visualization is created, a default thumbnail is auto-generated and a mini-icon based on the report type is associated with it. For more information about using and customizing these images, see Manage Thumbnail Images
Reorder Reports and Charts
To rearrange the display order of reports and charts, an admin can click Reorder Reports and Charts
. Users without administrator permissions will not see this button or be able to access this feature.
Click the heading "Reports and Charts" to toggle searching ascending or decending alphabetically. You can also drag and drop to arrange in any order.
When the organization is correct, click Done
File based reports can be moved within the dialog box, but the ordering will not actually change until you make changes to their XML.
Delete Views and Reports
Select any row by clicking an area that is not a link. You can use Shift and Ctrl to multi-select several rows at once. Then click Delete Selected
. You will be prompted to confirm the list of the views that will be deleted.
Manage Dataset/Report Notifications
For details see Manage Dataset/Report Notifications